Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

I'm a first year graduate student at Tufts University in the Drama department.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Briar and the Rose

I've actually been posting in livejournal lately, so this journal has been kind of silent for the past week. I remember back in the earlier years of college when I used to post every day. I still don't know how I managed to have so much free time.

Today was blissfully quiet, but also busy. In no particular order I: ate pumpkin iced cream, dyed my hair black, did a lot of research for my Macbeth paper (in fact, I'm taking a break from that now), watched Bram Stoker's Dracula, had a crab-cake salad for lunch, found an affordable Victorian mourning hair brooch on ebay, which I am now watching like a hawk (the bid ends tomorrow), found a bunch of long, black skirts on ebay I am also watching, and bought more things I've been lusting after on Amazon (I got a particularly large paycheck this week). This is what I bought: The Call of Cthulhu DVD, the Norton Critical edition of Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Cambridge Companion to Gothic Fiction, Boito's opera Mefistofele, and Christopher Wood's Victorian Painting. I'm dying with excitement for them all to get here.

I just finished listening to Tom Waits's Rain Dogs, which is an excellent album if you've never heard it. Now I'm going to finish Paul Jorgenson's Our Naked Frailties, put on a new CD, and see about dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home