Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

I'm a first year graduate student at Tufts University in the Drama department.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Little Girl Playing Pirate

I just finished watching Alien Resurrection. I want to say that it was a really bad film, but I actually enjoyed it and I think I understand what the writer was trying to go for. So I'll have to say that it was an entertaining, though mediocre film. Sigourey Weaver was at her best, though. And her sexiest.

I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my night. I went through about five books on Macbeth today, so I don't think I can handle any more studying or researching. I also spent entirely too much time adding more Gothic and Supernatural inspired books to my Amazon wishlist. Erik went to a party some of the rowers are throwing, and I opted to stay here. Today was a bit strained. We were both sitting on the couch reading or doing work for the better part of the day, but the loveseat is just too small for that to work out for too long. And I need more personal space than most people. I also spent the entire day with my nose in a book (well, a variety of them), and that always makes me feel out of joint and quiet. And then Erik was paranoid I would get upset when he wanted to go out without me. I rarely have fun when we go out with his friends, for a number of reasons. Mainly, I'm a snob, and I require intelligent conversation along with my drinking, but that isn't usually what a bunch of college and post-college age athletes are after. Also, Erik doesn't have a good time, because he expects me to behave badly, and vice versa. We both seem to have more fun when its just the two of us. I love his friends from PA, but I get terrifically bored when we hang out with his college friends. He also doesn't seem to have much with my friends from high school, but I don't blame him.

So there is no real problem, I'm just a little grumpy that I have to spend Saturday night alone. Time to pick out another movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home